[BC] FIM 41 still on eBay...

Burt I. Weiner biwa
Sun May 29 10:46:40 CDT 2005

Consider how much the price has gone up in the past ten years for the
FIM-41.  It's a bit overwhelming.  I'm glad I got mine when I did.

Just for the fun of it I wrote to the fellow who is presently selling the
one on eBay.  I asked if he would be willing to sell it through the eBay
recommended escrow.  He politely but bluntly refused to do that.

One time there was a fellow selling a "Brand New" Tek 494AP on eBay.  I
asked about payment method and he said cash up front in the form of a
Western Union money transfer.  That was all he would accept.  I was a bit
uncomfortable so I passed on it.  I did however follow the auction and the
moment it closed, and it did sell, it disappeared off of eBay with no trace
of the auction or of the seller, even in the sellers list.

So far I've never been burned off of eBay but I suppose I'm lucky or overly
cautious.

Burt

At 01:00 AM 5/29/2005 -0400, you wrote:
> [...]

Burt I. Weiner Associates