[BC] E-Bay tacticts...was FIM 41 still on eBay...

Mike McCarthy Towers
Sun May 29 13:18:47 CDT 2005

When someone says money order or Western Union for big ticket items, that
is an Alaska sized red flag to me.

I've been watching the auctions for 8753's (among other high dollar test
gear).  Every once in a while there is a great deal which pops up.  Usually
from Europe. every so often Canada. I'll offer to fly over and do the deal
in local funds cash/certified local bank check or use a local traditional
bank for escrow.  I'll offer to take care of the shipping and customs
personally and not user their (certified) shipper. I get various comments,
hesitations and protestations from the sellers. Most telling fact...not a
single taker to date.

Within 24 hours, the items are usually delisted and the sellers no where to
be located.  I've filed more than one suspicious auction claim based on our
exchanges.

MM