[BC] could someone explain this to me?

Rich Wood richwood
Fri May 27 17:07:46 CDT 2005

------ At 04:38 PM 5/27/2005, Tom Bosscher wrote: -------

>     My take on most talk radio listeners is that they feel left out of
> the political process or, in the case of liberal fanatics, see things
> going on that they want the government to control.  In many cases it's a
> male PH.d complaining that other don't see things their way. They hate
> Christians. In all 50 states of the union, Chrisitans going to church
> have not produced any secular problems in the state. Liberal  fanatics,
> including the dominant main stream media, will push against Christians on
> all grounds.

Hmm. An interesting rewrite of my earlier message. The real difference is
that there's only a few "liberal" programming sources, so balance between
liberal and conservative isn't possible. Each right wing host claims 600+
stations each, most appear in the top 100 markets on major signals. Air
America claims 62, so far, and many of those are on rimshot third tier
stations. It's interesting that religious fanatics have more power than
they ever dreamed possible yet still cling to their comfortable "we're
being persecuted" stance. Clearly, they control our theocracy and still
aren't happy.

>Try to proclaim "Fair and Balanced", and you will be ridiculed.

Especially when it's nothing more than a positioning statement that bears
no resemblance to reality, left or right.

>It's hate radio to be sure. They hate the "white middle class." They hate
>immigrants even though they will hire them to clean their houses.
>They hate immigrants even though they claim to "be the best friend of the
>down trodden. They hate Blacks who make it on their own, without the
>governments help.

>Most of us have some kind of bigotry. Watching CBS or NBC or listening to
>NPR gets us off the hook by letting someone else express it.

How did ABC get off the hook? Are they now considered properly right wing?
Don't worry. Both PBS and NPR will soon be yet another right wing source
once the new boss gets to work his magic.

When Ken Tomlinson, and his majority Republican board, get rid of biased
programming and replace it with music (no Foreign composers need apply) all
will be well with the world.
Tucker Carlson will probably replace David Brancaccio on NOW. If PBS is any
indication, we'll have lots and lots of Yanni-type concerts replacing
public affairs. William F. Buckley was a little too early.

Rich

Rich Wood
Rich Wood Multimedia
Phone: 413-303-9084