[BC] FIM On eBay/Stolen Items on eBay

Bruce Doerle bdoerle
Thu May 26 19:34:20 CDT 2005

Kevin,

It is admirable of you and Tieline to watch for stolen product for your customers. I applaud you guys for doing this.

I agree that eBay's customer service and cooperation is notoriously BAD and a joke.  eBay is only concerned  about the bucks they are going to make on the sale and I have seen nothing in their rhetoric to prove otherwise.  There are many honest vendors on eBay, but eBay permits for far to many unscrupulous vendors in taking advantage of the unsuspecting buyers.  eBay does little to curb this until it is too late and then leaves the buyers with the headaches.  I buy a lot on eBay to save our station money, but eat loses and don't put that burden on the station.

Again, I am glad there are companies out there such as yours that try to protect their customers.

Bruce

>>> kevin at tieline.com 05/26/05 7:52 PM >>>
I can speak from experience regarding stolen items on eBay.

When it comes to eBay, they make it difficult to report something that
you suspect is stolen.

Kevin Webb
GM, Tieline Technology
888-211-6989, ext. 111