[BC] FIM On eBay/Stolen Items on eBay

Phil Alexander dynotherm
Fri May 27 08:59:07 CDT 2005

On 26 May 2005 at 20:32, Bruce Doerle wrote:

> I agree that eBay's customer service and cooperation is
> notoriously BAD and a joke.

Perhaps they are more cooperative when called by a metro PD.

In this case the owner of the FIM was watching eBay, saw
his meter there, called the PD, referenced the number the
PD gave him when they investigated the car break-in, and
gave them the eBay reference where he saw it. The PD
got the information from eBay, tracked the location of the
person holding the equipment who was not the eBay seller,
and a pair of burglary detectives paid a call and recovered
the meter. The owner had his FIM back the next day. I don't
know if an arrest was made for possession of stolen goods
or not. I suspect not, because the FIM was returned so fast.

Phil Alexander, CSRE, AMD
(a Div. of Advanced Parts Corporation)
Ph. (317) 335-2065   FAX (317) 335-9037