[BC] FIM 41 on eBay...

Cowboy curt
Thu May 26 18:16:40 CDT 2005

On Thursday 26 May 2005 06:33, Bay Country Broadcast Equip. Inc. wrote:
> There were two FIM-41's on E-bay last week and one of them was stolen from
> an engineer in Indiana. The other was a legitimate sale. I would give Dave
> Harry a call at Potomac and check this serial number before purchasing.

 I missed the first.
 The second I was offered a "second chance" on.
 So, I looked at the seller feedback, and right there at the top,
 was the original buyer stating that the item became "unavailable".
 So, I wrote him, and yup. The cops were involved !
 What bothered me, was that the seller failed to answer any and all
 e-mail about the unit, such as why there was no cal sticker on one
 of the photo's, and there was on another photo.
 What REALLY makes me wonder, is being offered a "second chance" on
 an item that was sold, paid for, and then became unavailable !

 Following that was an offer for the same item "brand new" for $2450,
 just send billing and shipping info !
 Yeah, right !
 Again, no response to any e-mails.

 I don't =need= another FIM, but for 3600 or less, I'm mildly interested
 in a legit unit.