[BC] FIM 41 on eBay...

Phil Alexander dynotherm
Thu May 26 07:57:08 CDT 2005

On 26 May 2005 at 3:50, Alan Alsobrook wrote:

> You can't see the calibration date, but they did post the serial number
> very clearly. If anyone is missing #987 It looks like it's somewhere in
> PA.

Heh, heh. That one was stolen about 3 weeks ago from a break-in to a
local engineer's car overnight. The cops just love it when the crooks
make it so easy to recover stolen merchandise. <g>  It wasn't in PA.
It turned up in Kokomo, IN. Apparently the listing eBay member was one
of those "professional" eBay broker/sellers who list items based on
info exchanged by e-mail and never touch the actual item.

It looks like the FIM was quickly withdrawn and relisted at a much less
attractive price. Hmmmm ... I wonder if you could force the "seller" to
make good on the deal if you agreed to pay the asking price? Doubtful.

Phil Alexander, CSRE, AMD
(a Div. of Advanced Parts Corporation)
Ph. (317) 335-2065   FAX (317) 335-9037