[BC] vestments

Mark W. Croom markc
Tue May 24 08:02:50 CDT 2005

---- Original Message -----
From: <khcs at juno.com>
To: <broadcast at radiolists.net>
Sent: Tuesday, May 24, 2005 1:54 AM
Subject: Re: [BC] vestments

> Clive commented:
>
>>I feel sad that evidently intelligent engineers can't seem to figure out
> that it might be a good idea to keep a set of work clothes at the site in
> case of need to drain the sump of the emergency generator. . .
>
> ---------
>
> On a similar note, my car once broke down on the way to a transmitter site
> for scheduled maintenance on a rainy night.  I was 5 miles from the
> nearest farmhouse, wearing a light jacket because I fully expected to go
> directly from the nice, heated car to the transmitter building and back
> again.  It was almost 6 hours before a car came along, and I was able to
> get his attention by laying on the horn and flashing the headlights.  I
> was pretty much on the verge of hypothermia by that time, and of course
> nobody at the station wondered why I hadn't called and sent out a search
> party.  Since then I have always carried a warm but ratty old sweater,
> windbreaker and watch cap in my trunk.  You just never know when you might
> need them.  And that's not the time to be making a "fashion statement."
>

> Glen Kippel
> KHCS
> Palm Desert, CA

Since I had something to do with this thread earlier, I will say that I *do*
have some warm clothes that I carry pretty much year round. Not that they
get used in the Summer, generally, but when I need them in the Spring and
Fall they are handy to have. Yeah, it makes sense to carry some jeans or
coveralls, too, and maybe I'll have to add that to my little collection.

Mark
MN