[BC] vestments

khcs@juno.com khcs
Tue May 24 01:57:01 CDT 2005

Clive commented:

>I feel sad that evidently intelligent engineers can't seem to figure out
that it might be a good idea to keep a set of work clothes at the site in
case of need to drain the sump of the emergency generator. . .

---------

On a similar note, my car once broke down on the way to a transmitter site for scheduled maintenance on a rainy night.  I was 5 miles from the nearest farmhouse, wearing a light jacket because I fully expected to go directly from the nice, heated car to the transmitter building and back again.  It was almost 6 hours before a car came along, and I was able to get his attention by laying on the horn and flashing the headlights.  I was pretty much on the verge of hypothermia by that time, and of course nobody at the station wondered why I hadn't called and sent out a search party.  Since then I have always carried a warm but ratty old sweater, windbreaker and watch cap in my trunk.  You just never know when you might need them.  And that's not the time to be making a "fashion statement."

Glen Kippel
KHCS
Palm Desert, CA