[BC] DHS requirements for transmitter site protection?

Blake Bowers bbowers
Mon May 23 10:58:46 CDT 2005

> DHS doesn't have any authority over TX site security.  There is no
> national security issue with individual TX sites unless their location
> poses an immediate threat to a major population center.  I'm sure the
> major site

While nothing in general, I do have a site that post 9/11 has
24/7 security by the US Army, guards at the gate, and roving
squads.  Humvees, Joisey Baracades, lots of electronics, etc.

Kind of strange to have to let someone know when I want
to go to my land, my tower.  Not complaining, I understand
this situation.

I was there a couple of weeks ago, and when I left tried
to get the guards to play with their MP5's.......

Young attractive females with automatic weapons,
heart be still!  Of course, most of the time they are
male... Just lucky last time!