[BC] lightning & grounding / SBE Certs

Phil Alexander dynotherm
Mon May 23 00:47:30 CDT 2005

On 21 May 2005 at 12:01, Lamar Owen wrote:

> I know what the CSRE is, but what is the AMD for?

It's the new SBE AM Directional certification. The first exams were given
at the NAB in Las Vegas. There were a few of us who took it "blind" because
the prep material is still in development. I know Alan Alsobrook, passed,
as I suspect several others did. IMHO the test leaned too heavily on the
rules and not enough on the practical side of DA operation, but both were
covered reasonably, and for a first run, it was a good experience. - Had
to be, I passed. <ggg>

Phil Alexander, CSRE, AMD
(a Div. of Advanced Parts Corporation)
Ph. (317) 335-2065   FAX (317) 335-9037