[BC] State Licensing

Keith Hammond monsterfm
Fri May 20 15:19:17 CDT 2005

  Been there and done that! I've been "let go" in the past due to (in
the words of the group owner/manager): "Well, we had technical problem
before we hired you and now I see that we never have any. As a
consequence, we no longer require your services."

  Six months later, they're calling me and complaining of "sabotage"
because they started having technical problems again three or four
months after asking me to leave. Of course, when the new guy told them
the troubles were due to "lack of maintenance", that indicated that I
had been doing nothing while I was there...

  I've literally been cursed by station management for not being in the
office at 8AM after pulling three straight days due to various
transmitter problems at different sites. (Being at transmitter sites is
NOT "being visible to management" and obviously does NOT count toward
"work credit".

  The previously mentioned group owner even told me that he had noted my
vehicle at my house two or even three times during regular business
hours when (in his opinion) it should've been at the station. What he
neglected to consider was that we were installing a new tranmsmitter
during overnights so as to loose no valuable airtime. (Maybe we shuld
all stop doing this and management would appreciate us more if we did
installs and maintenance beginning at 8AM? That's the message that I've
been getting from such treatment! They just don't seem to understand
even when they've had it all explained to them! An engineer is doing his
job best when you DON'T have to see him. Be GLAD he - or she - is at
that transmitter site and out of yur sight. That means he - or she - is
doing the job for which they were hired. Usually, as there are always
exceptions...)

Keith Hammond

KBKH-FM (Shamrock, Texas)

(806) 256-1221