[BC] New old antenna sighting ?

Mullaney Engineering, Inc. Webmail
Mon May 16 18:02:51 CDT 2005

Neal Newman wrote:

<snip>

> 2towers spread about 200 maybe 300 feet apart  and about 200+ feet

> tall with 3 wires across the top with a center  feeder then each end
> sloped

> down to 2 other shorter towers

<snip>

> but there were no signs Posting either of those. Just a sign that said
> No Hunting

> no tresspassing.

<snip>

> The address is 126 Davidson Mills Road  not sure if its New
> brunswick,North Brunswick Or Monmouth Junction,NJ

<snip>

> I would look up the lat and long on the FCC database antenna registry.

If the towers are over 200' tall (are they painted and lighted?) then
they should be in the ASR database AND there should be sign posted
such that it is visible from a point readily accessible by the public that
provides the registration data.

Based on the address (its in North Brunswick) the coordinates are approx.
40-25-02 N; 74-29-58 W.  The aerial photo from TerraServer

(http://terraserver-usa.com/image.aspx?T=1&S=10&Z=18&X=2712&Y=22370&W=3)

does indicate an interesting configuration - the towers are near the
center of the
photo just to the SE or the main road which cuts diagonally across the photo
from lower left to upper center.

(I didn't find anything in the FCC's ASR database for this location)

Al Gearing

--

Alan E. Gearing, PE
email: agearing at mullengr.com