[BC] Inside Line: Howard Stern "Sirius"-ly turns off Customers

Ernie Belanger armtx
Sat May 14 06:07:14 CDT 2005

The bigger question is this. What can radio learn from this?

Basically "Its the programming" stupid!

I think this really crystalizes the comments we have all made for a long
time in  this and other news groups.

Radio can learn that Radio doesn't need digital anything to remain a viable
and competative medium. All Radio needs is to turn back the pages of the
play book and once again begin to provide positive, creative programming of
quality that  doesn't run the airwaves through the sewer and that brings and
holds an audiences attention.

It looks like the aging population  want no part of supporting anything that
has to do with Stern regardless of what other programming is being offered.
I bet they didn't listen to stations that had him on and I bet they all have
cable even though they might not get Spice or the other Blue networks.

I don't think its consumer ignorance as much as it is a choice not  to
support something that supports garbage programming.

Ernie