[BC] BC] Some Input Needed Re: CBS 400, Mosely TFL-280

Harold Hallikainen harold
Tue May 10 12:26:20 CDT 2005

I don't remember if the Volumax did asymmetrical limiting, but I think it
did. I think it just limited (clipped) on one side, letting the other side
go as far as the audio and the transmitter allowed. Later Volumaxes had
peak detect circuitry that would switch the audio phase to the transmitter
such that the positive peaks were always higher. This played havoc on
announcers listening to air on their headphones. Suddenly their voice
would disappear.

As I recall, the TFL-280 was fondly called "Tony's F...ing Limiter."
That's about all I remember about it.

Harold

--
FCC Rules Updated Daily at http://www.hallikainen.com