[BC] Earthlink wins the customer service award

Phil Alexander dynotherm
Wed May 4 10:02:25 CDT 2005

On 3 May 2005 at 21:47, Barry Mishkind wrote:

> I just noticed a message in Eudora.
>
> Earthlink is down for the next six hours for "maintenance".
>
> Good thing they gave plenty of advance warning!

Yeah, six hours was a bit longish. Normally when they do an
outage two hours is about max.

IMHO E-link has been trending downward since the merger with
Mindspring and the move of most support offshore.

However, they did communicate the reason and the time delay
in the e-mail rejection which is better than a particular
server in Texas.

Secondly, they have excellent local availability nationally
and a good 800 number.

But, unless they improve, I'm going to have no choice but to
start looking around, which is unfortunate because I've had
this e-mail address for about 12 years. :(

Phil Alexander, CSRE
(a Div. of Advanced Parts Corporation)
Ph. (317) 335-2065   FAX (317) 335-9037