[BC] Earthlink wins the customer service award

Cowboy curt
Wed May 4 10:59:22 CDT 2005

On Wednesday 04 May 2005 10:58, Phil Alexander wrote:
> On 3 May 2005 at 21:47, Barry Mishkind wrote:
> > I just noticed a message in Eudora.
> >
> > Earthlink is down for the next six hours for "maintenance".
> >
> > Good thing they gave plenty of advance warning!
>
> Yeah, six hours was a bit longish. Normally when they do an
> outage two hours is about max.
>
> IMHO E-link has been trending downward since the merger with
> Mindspring and the move of most support offshore.

 Really ?
 ;-)

> But, unless they improve, I'm going to have no choice but to
> start looking around, which is unfortunate because I've had
> this e-mail address for about 12 years. :(

 I've already left earthlink.
 several curt@ addresses went away when they uncerimoniously cancelled
 my account(s) without warning.
 They were trade accounts, though, in exchange for some 3rd tier tech support.
 Being as I was un-paid ( in cash ) I was one of the last to go.
 Actually, I'ld still be doing it, except that when they cancelled my accounts,
 they left me no means to continue !

 PSI sucked, back then, and Mindspring was fantastic.
 After the "merge" they gravitated toward the big corp. culture of Earthlink,
 and went down hill pretty rapidly.
 Some of the Mindspring folks are still in fairly high positions at Earthlink, though,
 which is probably the only thing keeping them with any semblence of service.