[BC] re: How Engineers Oughta Look

Mike McCarthy Towers
Fri Jul 29 09:01:12 CDT 2005

I could write for days on this subject.  We are skilled professionals and
we should look it (while I'm wearing a Hawaiian shirt and jeans heading to
the office.)

A suit and tie isn't always needed. But being neat, clean, well groomed,
and properly dressed in clean unwrinkled clothes will do wonders to/for
those who see us daily.  Each office is different.  All our stations are
laid back and relatively casual.  But we do have times where "office"
attire is appropriate.  It's a judgment call on what your schedule defines.

That said, I'm off to enjoy a few minutes in the office and off to an
outdoor remote.

FWIW, this is the only profession I know except for trade shows and I would
much prefer this than trade shows.

MM