[BC] re: How Engineers Oughta Look

N3KKE@aol.com N3KKE
Thu Jul 28 21:47:36 CDT 2005

It's been bugging me all day, what Tom O. wrote.  He has that ability, for
which I commend him.

First off, when those pictures of WJSV were taken there was no such thing as
unattended operation.  There was a staff of engineers, and they did shift
work.  As such, presumably they had time to hit the dry cleaner and the laundromat
on their way home from showering in the living quarters of WJSV - now WTOP.

Second, the scheduled public tours of the WJSV transmitter conducted by pages
would demand that the engineers be appropriately attired.

My transmitters are in some instances in toolsheds.  Others actually have
running water, a luxury in every station I have worked for in my nearly 20 year
career.

None have showers.  None have had showers. Dave Garner can tell you whether
the bathroom at WTOP still works.

I don't know, pearls or not, what is appropriate for me to demand from
transmitter manufacturers.  Anyone demanding that I show up in a suit to vacuum the
dead bugs out of their transmitter is welcome to go directly to hell.

By the way, the people bitching about no-code techs may join them at their
leisure.

Wendell Hall
N3KKE