[BC] IBOC in trouble?

Rich Wood richwood
Thu Jul 28 17:04:31 CDT 2005

------ At 09:32 AM 7/28/2005, Phil Alexander wrote: -------

>It depends on how you see the future of the AM band. For some
>of us, the mountain looks hard and very close. YMMV

All will be well. This morning's New York Times had what I thought
was a double truck ad for iBiquity. As I read I realized it was an
article. It claimed tens of thousands of receivers had been sold.
 From reading it you'd swear consumers are breaking down doors to buy
the receivers. It was a great puff piece. No mention of interference.
It's now surpassed sliced bread as mankind's greatest accomplishment.
There were even photos of all the receivers.

It didn't give the names of those tens of thousands of people so the
rest of us could find receivers. I believe the number was about
160,000 sold. I feel much better now that I know I'm living in a rare
no IBOC pocket and the rest of the nation is living in hash generator
delight. Maybe, one day, it'll come to my market and I can recant my
criticism and live happily ever after knowing iBiquity made a bundle.

Rich