[BC] IBOC in trouble?

Phil Alexander dynotherm
Thu Jul 28 09:16:20 CDT 2005

On 27 Jul 2005 at 10:38, Cowboy wrote:

> On Wednesday 27 July 2005 05:38, Bill Harms wrote:
> > Assuming that HD radio on the AM band is going to happen no matter
> > what, perhaps the current IBOC proposal is so flawed, that they need
> > to go back to the drawing board?  Is that not possible?
> >
> > Bill Harms
>
>  If I understand Phil's point....
>
>  Say you're on an airplane.
>  You have a parashoot <sp> but it's a poor design.
>  The engines are out, and you've got about 5 seconds before
>  the plane hits the side of the mountain.
>
>  No matter HOW flawed your parashoot <sp again> do you
>  really think that's the time to go back to the drawing board ?
>
>  Not saying I agree, or disagree, but this is one view...

Cowboy,

You said it much better than I could.

The point is especially true if you know just getting back to
the drawing board takes at least 30 days.

It depends on how you see the future of the AM band. For some
of us, the mountain looks hard and very close. YMMV

Phil Alexander, CSRE, AMD
(a Div. of Advanced Parts Corporation)
Ph. (317) 335-2065   FAX (317) 335-9037