[BC] IBOC in trouble?

Rich Wood richwood
Wed Jul 27 10:17:59 CDT 2005

------ At 05:38 AM 7/27/2005, Bill Harms wrote: -------

>Assuming that HD radio on the AM band is going to happen no matter
>what, perhaps the current IBOC proposal is so flawed, that they need
>to go back to the drawing board?  Is that not possible?

Broadcasters are falling for it. The money is coming in. Why change
it? If you buy IBOC and an adjacent station clobbers you and your
hash generator can't override it, I don't think there's a refund. I
think it's telco's revenge for us going to satellite. As I recall,
these are really telco folks who are still upset. They're not broadcasters.

Rich