[BC] No-code Amateur license

CBoone CBoone
Tue Jul 26 08:21:17 CDT 2005

20+ years ago, at FD, I was operating the 20m CW station.....after over an
hour of constant QSOs, I took the headphones off for a minute rest...K5GDP
was standing there and said "You're going faster than I can copy!" and he
had his Second Class Commercial RT ticket! "If you don't get your Extra
after this, you're crazy"...welll, guess I was crazy!! Still an
Advanced...but still love to run CW on 6 and 10mts.....

To become a member of QCWA, you must be able to show you have been licensed
for more than 25 years (total) and join a local QCWA chapter if one is
available (BTW the Houston QCWA chapter closed their doors! Don't know why
but for some reason Houston has problems with ham clubs....The original
Houston ARC, W5PDA closed its doors after decades of being active because of
lack of members..while other ham clubs nearby were flourishing!)..
You can go to www.qcwa.org and check to see which chapter is closest or how
to join via the HQ...

Chris
WB5ITT