[BC] No-code Amateur license

Neal Newman groucho
Tue Jul 26 00:18:06 CDT 2005

Somewhere I have Mine buried  for 30 wpm. At those speeds you don't copy
Individual letters you copy words In your Head...
Heck If My wife can Copy 5 wpm and get her Novice. anyone can learn the Code
 I remember My First Field day I think 1976-77? I  cannot remember that
far back .. It was Alex AI2Q  who Mentored me to copy at High speeds..
I  was his logger. he would Be working stations at an Unreal rate and
talking to me at the same time and I not saying  Contest talk  I mean
conversation..  what a CW operator I wanted to Be just as fast as Alex.
once I got over the 15 wpm bump  20 came really easy  22 was another
Bump  from that speed Up I was Hearing words  25 wpm to 30-35wpm. that
was normal.like a second language. I was able to do that Until My second
year apprenticeship as a Union Electrician. I guess all the noise on the
job sites messed with My Concentration. it started going down hill..
 I think I can still Copy at least 13 wpm. Sending is easy upto 25 wpm..
 Just cannot concentrate anymore.. must be old age now at 43. so how
does one become a member of QCWA its been well over 25 years I had My
Ham ticket..
Neal