[BC] No-code Amateur license--CW poem

Charles Wooten NF4A nf4a
Mon Jul 25 18:31:56 CDT 2005

Some of you may have already seen this...

Charlie Wooten NF4A (and CW op)
Clear Channel Radio
Panama City, FL

CW FOR EVER.

You must have, at time, thought into the past, When some things go out,
while other last, What comes to my mind is the Old Morse Code, That has
weathered the storms from any abode, To talk with ones fingers, is surely an
Art, Of any info you care to impart, In most conditions the signals get
thru, While the same about phone is simply not true.
Those Didhs and Dahs cut through the trash, Of nearby noise or lightning's
crash, To the sensitive ears of the ham receiver, Who records this data with
ardent fever, He knows he's doing something unique, (in such poor
conditions, that's quite a feat!) To roger the message that came from the
air, These brass pounders sure do have the flair, They say Morse ops are a
dying breed, But don't despair, there's always that need.
That when conditions get rough for the new automation, Be rest assured,
there'll be need for your station, CW is dying? Believe it never, This mode
will be 'round for ever and ever, But one thing is sure, what we really
need, Is to relay our knowledge to the younger breed.
To carry the torch, long after we're gone, To send Morse Code thru the air
like a song, When at last, Silent Key pull that final lever, We can rest in
peace, it's CW for ever.

Jim Haterley WA1TBY

Seventh of April Nineteen hundred and eighty five