[BC] strange Long Distance charges

Barry Mishkind barry
Sun Jul 24 13:26:59 CDT 2005

At 11:17 AM 7/24/2005, Larry Bloomfield <Larry at Tech-Notes.TV> wrote
>Not sure where you are now, but the telephone service I have in Oregon is
>quite reasonable. Quest charges $20/month, flat rate, for unlimited long
>distance.

         One problem with Qwest:  If you make an
         error and return a call to a Canadian number,
         (remember: it is also a "1+" number ... and
         does not require the "001" for international calls)
         unless you have purchased their "extra" service,
         you will pay $1.50 per minute.

         And, the move to VoIP has a new issue, as
         I found out early this month: hotels are starting
         to block the port Vonage uses.   I never did
         find a single hotel (all offering high speed
         internet) on that trip that permitted Vonage use.