[BC] strange Long Distance charges

Larry Bloomfield <Larry@Tech-Notes.TV> reader
Sun Jul 24 13:18:19 CDT 2005

Bill:

Not sure where you are now, but the telephone service I have in Oregon is
quite reasonable. Quest charges $20/month, flat rate, for unlimited long
distance. You do have to have some of their feature on your line to get it
for that, but that's a lot better than the 1.3 cents I was pay before. My
bills ran a much as $200 - $300 a month. It's not cheep calling all over
the US on that other system. The new rates are much better.  If my crystal
ball is working, I believe you'll see things get even less expensive as
calling via the Internet becomes even more popular and the competition gets
hotter.

Larry Bloomfield, KA6UTC