[BC] Skywave reception, big potential, under-utlized , was Re: Daylight Savings Time changes?

Rich Wood richwood
Sun Jul 24 10:15:32 CDT 2005

------ At 08:20 AM 7/24/2005, Richard Fry wrote: -------

>There is no practical way in the MF band to build an antenna system
>that can generate a groundwave of 100% relative field, and at the
>same time produce very low relative fields at all elevation angles
>that produce a useful nighttime skywave.

I agree. That leaves only power reduction and Faraday cages over the
victimized metros.

I think the companies that built the "Big Dig" in Boston will be
available soon. A side benefit might be that arrid areas will see
plenty of water. It the same construction techniques are used,
everything will leak.

Rich