[BC] RE: No-code Amateur license

Tom Taggart tpt
Sun Jul 24 07:39:22 CDT 2005

Hi Barry:

Actually, I could care one way or the other, having this 25 kw "hobby"
radio station.  Just thought I would throw it out there after my former
buisness partner and friend Bob (KB8ZMJ) was interested in what the
Commission did.  He's built, mostly from scratch, his own 6 meter sideband
rig, but he has me look up calls on the internet because of acute
computo-phobia. He just picked up two contacts in the Dominican Republic,
his 77th (?) country on six.  He may upgrade his license and go to 18 mHz.
now that the code requirement is going away.  Nice to be retired.