[BC] Re: WTMJ Correction

DHultsman5@aol.com DHultsman5
Sat Jul 23 12:52:55 CDT 2005

In a message dated 7/22/05 9:31:53 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
broadcast-request at radiolists.net writes:

WTMJ is  just up the road from our 1130.... we have the filters to prove
it  ;-)

WTMJ doesnt run sectionalized.  They have 4 towers that are 90  degrees,
and two they add at night that are about 70 degrees.

We  are certainly in tower land.... WTMJ with six and ours with nine.

Kent  Winrich
Clear Channel Milwaukee

***************************************

Kent:

I stand corrected,  I thought it was WTMJ.  I know I did a remote  for a
station in that area that had a taller tower for daytime and it was  sectionalized
during the DA operation.  The reason I remember the  incident,  as the remote
engineer,  the station would call at pattern  change time because we had to
have the announcer pause for the pattern  change.  After the third night of
this (which I guessed was standard  procedure) I asked why they took 4 seconds to
change pattern?

The man on duty explained that they had a contactor located on the tower to
change its electrical height during pattern change and they wanted to be
certain  that it changed properly because if it burned something, someone had to
climb the tower to check or repair the switch.  My feeble brain recalls  this
from over 30 years ago when I was doing a Texas Rangers - Brewers  game.  Bob
Yuker was doing color.

Hey Jerry Clabundy was once chief at WRIT with the nine towers,, long time
ago.

Thanks

Dave