[BC] Open Wire sites

Cowboy curt
Sun Jul 24 13:45:18 CDT 2005

On Saturday 23 July 2005 13:18, Stanley Adams wrote:
> Guys those URL's listed in the last post were really awesome.  There is an
> art to this and just think how careful they had to be installed.  They
> obviously had forms and were removed when the lines were pulled taut and
> anchored.  On a four wire cage, there is usually only one hot lead right and
> the rest are the ground's?

 In a 4 wire cage ALL wires are hot.
 It's a ballanced star arrangement very similar to star-quad mic cable.

 The longest run of open wire line I ever was personally involved with,
 was the 15KW telegraph transmission line from the five Federal transmitters,
 to the rhombic's some 5 or 6 miles away, running down city streets, in space
 leased from the electric co. on the utility poles.
 This was a 600 ohm two wire ballanced feed, if memory serves.

 It was out of service when I got there, but had not been decomissioned, and
 presumably would work if required.

--
Cowboy
http://spam-o-matic.com

If God is dead, who will save the Queen?