[BC] engineers nessessary

DANA PUOPOLO dpuopolo
Thu Jul 21 12:36:23 CDT 2005

And in my last two jobs (both in Los Angeles, the #2 market), engineers were
seen as glorified janitors.

For every story such as yours, there are at least two of mine...which is why
I'm going part time....I can't rely exclusively on radio engineering to feed
my family any more

-D

------ Original Message ------
From: "Scott Cason" <scott at lagrange-com.com>
To: "Broadcast at Radiolists. Net" <broadcast at radiolists.net>
Subject: [BC] engineers nessessary "evil"

>>The problem, as I see it,
is that the NAB represents the views of many owners that engineering is a
necessary evil to be avoided whenever possible and generates unneeded
expenses.

Not all owners feel that way.  I have been fortunate to run into some who
realize the importance of good regular, routine and preventative
maintenance.  It's a hard lesson to learn for some, until they are sitting
with a 50kW AM or a 100kW FM that's off the air, and can't find anyone to
come work on it.  Then they come to understand the importance of
engineering.  Those owners who have not found themselves in that situation
are the ones most likely to NOT understand the importance of engineers.
Does anyone else find ironic, considering the shape of radio today, that it
was STARTED by engineers?

Scott Cason
President
LaGrange Communications, LLC