[BC] Daylight Savings Time changes?

Phil Alexander dynotherm
Thu Jul 21 08:03:12 CDT 2005

On 20 Jul 2005 at 22:52, WFIFeng at aol.com wrote:

> I'm curious about this... does anyone know how this may end up affecting us
> Daytimers?
>
> http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-daylight20.html
>
> We would lose that whole hour of time in the morning, 6:45-7:45am! Unless the
> FCC makes a change in the Rules to accomodate this, we won't be signing-on
> until 7:45am in November! OUCH!
>
> We would also lose our 6-7am slot in March. Again, OUCH!
>
> Thoughts?

Politics and physics don't mix well, and physics always wins.  Sunrise
will come at the same time it always has, only your clock will be
different. Therefore, your authorization for daytime will be the same
as now and you will lose an hour of airtime in the morning during those
two months.

This is being done to synchronize with the time schedule Europe has
used for decades. Over there, they call it summer time. By doing this
the time differential between, for example, London and Chicago or
Paris and LA will remain constant year around rather than the wild
gyrations we see now. The idea is facilitating commerce.

Phil Alexander, CSRE, AMD
(a Div. of Advanced Parts Corporation)
Ph. (317) 335-2065   FAX (317) 335-9037