[BC] Daylight Savings Time changes?

Cowboy curt
Thu Jul 21 07:57:33 CDT 2005

On Wednesday 20 July 2005 22:52, WFIFeng at aol.com wrote:
> I'm curious about this... does anyone know how this may end up affecting us
> Daytimers?

> We would lose that whole hour of time in the morning, 6:45-7:45am! Unless the
> FCC makes a change in the Rules to accomodate this, we won't be signing-on
> until 7:45am in November! OUCH!

 As your broadcsat time is determined by the position of the sun, and specified
 on your license as non-advanced time, it won't affect you at all !
 You'll still sign on at the same Standard Time.
 ( of course, all your drive time listeners will have already reached their
 destinations, and no longer be listening )

 BUT.....

On Thursday 21 July 2005 00:08, Alan Alsobrook wrote:
>  For that reason I can't see the FCC changing the rules to say ok
> this skywave interference isn't going to happen because the change was requested by congress.

 Hmm.....
 I can easily see the Commish, based on recent performance, doing EXACTLY that !

 Some say they are already doing exactly this as regards IBOC/HD/IBAC.
 Co-channel interferance caused by digital carriers directly on your frequency
 and extending across all of your audio sidebands does not exist.
 Have you not been paying attention ?
 :-)