[BC] Radaitors - Was: KKGM

Richard Fry rfry
Tue Jul 19 08:03:01 CDT 2005

>50 kW into a minimum conforming radiator get you
>   50,000 watts out.
>50 kW into a Franklin gets you 99,241 watts out.
>Who says there is no free lunch?

Certain nit-pickers (who, me?) might point out that if a MW tx generates 50
kW across the input terminal(s) of the antenna system, that is all the power
that can be radiated, no matter what is the stated "efficiency" of the
antenna.  Antennas with greater FCC efficiency just concentrate more of the
available tx power into radiation in the horizontal plane, at the expense of
radiation in other elevations.

I guess most here know this, but just in case...

RF