[BC] Radaitors - Was: KKGM

Cowboy curt
Tue Jul 19 11:58:16 CDT 2005

On Tuesday 19 July 2005 09:01, Richard Fry wrote:
> >50 kW into a minimum conforming radiator get you
> >   50,000 watts out.
> >50 kW into a Franklin gets you 99,241 watts out.
> >Who says there is no free lunch?
> _________________
>
> Certain nit-pickers (who, me?) might point out that if a MW tx generates 50
> kW across the input terminal(s) of the antenna system, that is all the power
> that can be radiated, no matter what is the stated "efficiency" of the
> antenna.

 Thought about picking that nit myself, but thanks for saving the trouble.

 Maybe it's just me, but I do find it odd that in FM, we have ERP, while
 in AM, we have efficiency, both for the same thing.

 Perhaps the FCC has been using Micro$oft too long.....
 ;-)

 I'm pretty sure that saying a 6 bay has 320% efficiency would get a few raised
 eyebrows, though......