[BC] OOOOOOOps

Bob Boxer bob.boxer
Sat Jul 16 11:50:35 CDT 2005

Some questions come to mind.  First, where was the driver/operator?  Why
wasn't he supervising the filling operation, especially on a new =
vehicle?
Seems like he's got some responsibility here.

Also, I thought gas pumps require some back pressure to operate.  If you
just squeeze the trigger, nothing happens.  It's unlikely that the =
typical
mousehole on an ENG van would provide the needed back pressure.

How much gas got pumped into the truck?  Unless the thing blew up,  I =
can't
imagine that it couldn't be cleaned up.

Not looking to doubt your story, but inquiring minds wanna know...

Bob Boxer
bob.boxer at comcast.net
=20
PLEASE NOTE NEW EMAIL ADDRESS

-----Original Message-----
From: broadcast-bounces at radiolists.net
[mailto:broadcast-bounces at radiolists.net] On Behalf Of Larry Bloomfield
Sent: Friday, July 15, 2005 11:54 PM
To: Broadcast Radio Mailing List
Subject: [BC] OOOOOOOps

Hi all:

There are only two states where motorists are not permitted to pump =
their
own gas: Oregon and New Jersey. As you can no doubt imagine, this would =
come
back to bite someone where it hurts - one day.

The city of Portland, Oregon has more people in it than the rest of the
entire state put together. It would, therefore, stand to reason that it
would have its share of idiots as well.

Picture this =96 a brand-new ENG truck just received from the factory =
with all
the bells and whistles an ENG truck worthy of operating in the =
nation=92s
24^th largest television market would have in and on it. The first thing
you=92d probably do is to send it to the local gas station to ensure =
that it
is filled and ready to go on it=92s first assignment; right?. We all =
know that
there are many kinds of portals around this vehicle for the feeding of
cables of various types and purposes.

Now the village idiot was hired by this particular gas station to pump =
gas.
When the ENG truck pulled in, did he put the gas nozzle into the gas =
port?
Now he picked on of the cable entryways. After an undetermined number of
gallons had been pumped and the gas began running all over the ground,
someone had an epiphany that something was awry.

The bottom line is that this new ENG truck was written off by the =
insurance
company as a total loss. When asked, the Chief Engineer said to me: =
=93Why
couldn=92t it have been one of our oldest trucks.=94

--=20

Larry Bloomfield, KA6UTC
Bloomfield Enterprises, LLC
dba - Tech-Notes
1980 25th St., Florence, OR  97439-9717
(541) 902-2424 - Home/Office/Cell
WWW.Tech-Notes.TV  -- See you on the Road Show.