[BC] OOOOOOOps

Larry Bloomfield Larry
Sat Jul 16 11:34:44 CDT 2005

Hi all:

There are only two states where motorists are not permitted to pump
their own gas: Oregon and New Jersey. As you can no doubt imagine, this
would come back to bite someone where it hurts - one day.

The city of Portland, Oregon has more people in it than the rest of the
entire state put together. It would, therefore, stand to reason that it
would have its share of idiots as well.

Picture this ? a brand-new ENG truck just received from the factory with
all the bells and whistles an ENG truck worthy of operating in the
nation?s 24^th largest television market would have in and on it. The
first thing you?d probably do is to send it to the local gas station to
ensure that it is filled and ready to go on it?s first assignment;
right?. We all know that there are many kinds of portals around this
vehicle for the feeding of cables of various types and purposes.

Now the village idiot was hired by this particular gas station to pump
gas. When the ENG truck pulled in, did he put the gas nozzle into the
gas port? Now he picked on of the cable entryways. After an undetermined
number of gallons had been pumped and the gas began running all over the
ground, someone had an epiphany that something was awry.

The bottom line is that this new ENG truck was written off by the
insurance company as a total loss. When asked, the Chief Engineer said
to me: ?Why couldn?t it have been one of our oldest trucks.?

--

Larry Bloomfield, KA6UTC