[BC] Re: FCC Open up IBOC Software to Evolutionary Change

DHultsman5@aol.com DHultsman5
Sat Jul 16 07:57:12 CDT 2005

In a message dated 7/15/05 10:19:10 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
broadcast-request at radiolists.net writes:

On  Friday 15 July 2005 14:50, Phil Alexander wrote:
> I do hope the Commish  has enough sense to go lightly on the regs
> that govern software items  because I'd like to see digital evolve
> into something better than what  Ibiquity has given us, but I think
> we have to wait for the rules this  fall to see.

If that's what you believe, then instead of merely wishing  and hoping,
why not file some comments and help show them the  way?

Barry

--
Barry McLarnon VE3JF  Ottawa,  ON

Agreed;     The best thing about software as  compared to hardware
implementation is you can make dramatic changes by  changing the software vs. buying new
hardware.

We all should encourage the FCC to be open in its rulings for future  updates
of software.  Such as the rulings on TV Stereo and AM  Stereo,   changes can
be made as long as it doesn't affect or  interfere with the existing receivers
or standards.

Dave Hultsman