[BC] A Change of Topic on Network News Feeds

Stanley Adams stanleybadams
Tue Jul 12 07:18:15 CDT 2005

Just as a cot, do any of you buckeroo's or buckerette's remember when the
networks went from the poor 8kc loops (at best) to better multiplexed audio
even before satellites?  It seems to me to have happened about 1974-75 in
our part of the country.  Suddenly the audio came alive on network feeds.

I was living in a little town at the time and noticed that this was both on
radio and on TV feeds.  Perhaps it was just a regional thing, but I do not
remember it that way.  Seems like a major upgrade and the newspapers had
stories about it.

Stanley Adams
Memphis