[BC] Vonage update

DANA PUOPOLO dpuopolo
Thu Jul 7 00:04:03 CDT 2005

Here in the Provience, RI Marriot where I'm staying now, they bundle phone
(local and LD) and broadband in one package for 10 dollars a day.
They also charge an 80 cent service charge for ALL local and 800 calls.
In Boston the Airport Hilton did the same thing, except the cherge was 13
dollars and the broadband was wireless instead of wired like here.
They also provided a wireless bridge upon request.

-D

------ Original Message ------
From: Greg Newton <newtong at ohio.edu>
Subject: Re: [BC] Vonage update

Many hotel operators have tried to recover some of it by packaging local
and long distance calling for a flat daily fee.

And the growth of cell phone use has hit others, too. Many colleges have
taken a double whammy...lost revenue in the dorms and higher long distance
costs as a result of having to call students who have replaced their "local
number" with a non-local cell phone.

--On Wednesday, July 06, 2005 4:25 PM -0700 Harold Hallikainen