[BC] Pirates...Aaarghh!

DANA PUOPOLO dpuopolo
Thu Jul 7 00:12:46 CDT 2005

The town I used to live in (Rehoboth, MA) has always had the Providence tall
TV towers on the west side of town. But when Channel 6 tried to put one right
IN town, the uproar was so bad it didn't happen. Now the town has voted in:
"communications districts" which co-incidently exist only on town owned land.
You can only erect a new tower on town owned land and you pay through the
nose! The town is making a small fortune as a tower landlord.

-D

------ Original Message ------
From: Tom Bosscher <tom at bosscher.org>
Subject: Re: [BC] Pirates...Aaarghh!

Rob Atkinson wrote:
 >My town (Saint Charles Illinois) is in the process of completely
revising the municipal code for zoning,...
..They immediately agreed to strike the ordinance.

    Rob, be very careful... I was involved from an arms length on a city
rewrite. Any commercial tower had to be 200 feet away from any
residential unit. This was part of the rewrite. On a Monday afternoon at
4:30pm, it was 200 feet. The next day at 10:00am in front of the whole
commission, is was 500 feet. That changes a lot of locations. I'm sure
that the fact that the city has a contract with Vertical Partners had
nothing to do with it. ( City property is excluded, so VP can use
schools, parks etc).

    We had to move the tower to a very narrow location to fit in within
the 500 feet.

          tom bosscher