[BC] Satellite Radio

Kent kwinrich
Tue Jul 5 09:28:53 CDT 2005

Kevin R. in Gilbert, AZ wrote:

>>"Many, many, many years" before satellite radio is universally available
>>will be down to "many years" before we know it. They're being very
>>aggressive about getting the radios out there. Can anyone say the same
>>about HD Radio?
>>

>Satellite Radio is not a fad. They went from 2.1 million to 4.4 million
>subscribers in less than a year. That?s more than doubled.
>
>I want to buy a HD radio. I can't find one in a store here in the 5th
>biggest metro area in the USA, Phoenix. There is a station with IBAC here
>and no radios to listen.
>
>Kevin

Kevin,

Just curious.... why do you want an HD Radio when you are such an avid
Satellite fan?  Even to the point of posting satellite schedules on
another board?

In regards to the numbers, I have yet to see the "Churn rate" for
satellite.  They can give away receivers left and right, but if people
dont hang onto them, what good does it do?