[BC] Satellite Radio

Mike McCarthy Towers
Tue Jul 5 07:30:43 CDT 2005

ME thinks the Bay area would have something to say about the claim of
Phoenix being the 5th market.

1/3 of the big FM's have IBOC on the air here and several are
multi-casting.  And do you think the RX's are available?  Nope.  My recent
visits to the big chains resulted in blank stares when asked about HD radio
or IBOC radio.  And I don't know of a single fixed (home) receiver
model.  Everything I've heard of or seen has been mobile based.

What I find really amusing is that it took GM all of a year to get XM in
it's OEM radios and Chrysler putting Sirius in it's radios.  Not one OEM
HD/IBOC RX is available after several years of knowing the PAC  Granted,
each manufacturer has an equity stake in the satellite provider.  But it's
ironic the companys' leaders push for inclusion of the satellite delivery
quickly...and got it.  Paints a fairly bleak picture for IBOC's inclusion.

MM