[AF] It's ALL posturing and spin

Rich Wood richwood at pobox.com
Sat Jul 25 15:36:03 CDT 2009

------ At 02:09 PM 7/25/2009, Gary Glaenzer wrote: -------

> > It's interesting that right wingers never noticed when Dubya used
>
>nice Red Herring, no cigar, Rich

Clearly, the original poster felt the teleprompter was an item of
significance or he wouldn't have used it as his own red herring.

> > them. I really don't think you want to get into the intellectual
> > ability of Dubya vs. Obama.
>
>nor, I gather, do you.

Absolutely not. I don't find Dubya and his buddies to have any credibility.

>methinks you confuse slick delivery with sincere concern for this country
>and its citizens

Dubya? Concern for its citizens? I suppose Cheneyburton and other big
businesses are made up of citizens. Come to think of it, so are prisons.

>and we are not into record deficits, governement take-over of 2 of the Big
>3, and a totally-unneeded 'overhaul' of the health care system because of
>posturing and spinning ?

I guess memory is short. The economy was in peachy shape before Obama
was elected. I'm thinking of the lies given to Powell to deliver to
the UN to get us into Iraq.

We don't need health reform? Ask those around you who have lost their
jobs and insurance what's uppermost on their minds. We don't need
some sort of manufacturing base? As I recall, it was the car
companies that changed course and built much of the heavy equipment
needed in WWII. Would you have preferred GM and Chrysler go belly up?
This is Chrysler's second crack at it, though then it was run by a
guy who knew the business and the customer. He paid the money back. I
think the country even made a profit on it. Wasn't it Dubya's regime
that started throwing $700 billion to bail out the crooks who got us
into this mess?

I can't imagine any sane person finding good in the past 8 years with
President Cheney at the helm.

All that comes to mind are all the 9/11 photo ops, a declaration of
mission accomplished, and a really great job by FEMA in New Orleans.
"Good job Brownie."

To me, the man is a bumpkin. His greatest attribute is his
resemblance to Alfred E. Newman in Mad Magazine.

I'm not a fan. Never will be.

Rich