[BC] FCC to sell TV stations licenses

Scott Bailey wmroradio at bellsouth.net
Tue Nov 30 23:17:11 CST 2010

From: Harold Hallikainen <harold at hallikainen.com>

> > FCC to promote sales of Broadcast frequencies.
> >
> > Lets be right up front. The FCC proposal to allow broadcasters to sell
> > their licenses and go dark in exchange for some money from the spectrum
> > auction has nothing to do with providing the public anything and has
> > everything to do with simply raising more money for Congress to spend.

Harold,

That's what I've been trying to tell everyone on this list.  When Congress gets
hard up for cash, they pressure on the FCC, FDA, FAA, etc. to figure out ways to
get that cash out of the POOR MAN!  Our government is dirty, and always has
been, not matter what political party a person supports!  Congress doesn't care
about the public, they are in the "raising money" business and spending it the
wrong ways!  And yes, if somebody wants a big fat raise, they pull off this
scam!  Let's all face it, they buy the spectrum from you cheap, and auction it
off at high prices!  Now I'm not saying I'm anti-government, but as the old
saying goes, "Each Man For Himself"!  Same goes for the Women!
 Scott Bailey
WMRO-AM, Gallatin, TN