[BC] Apple Store & Radio apps

Greg Ogonowski greg at indexcom.com
Tue Nov 30 01:25:21 CST 2010

Modulation Index is an Apple iOS (iPhone/iPod touch/iPad) developer. We have
a streaming App called StreamS HiFi Radio, previously Tuner2.

It only lists streams using HE-AAC for reliability and good quality audio.
Not only does it list Net Streams, but also well over 1000 AM/FM stations
and counting.

Orban was first to bring HE-AAC to streaming audio on the Internet back in
2002. After seeing many of these Apps incorrectly decode HE-AAC and provide
bad sound quality, Modulation Index decided to do something about it so that
HE-AAC can be enjoyed in its intended form.

I think part of the reason that Apple has decided to slow down on streaming
app approval, is because these low quality audio Apps do not represent the
Apple hardware the way they would like it represented.

I don't blame them at all. Apple has a certain reputation they want to keep.

If you would like to see the kind of performance I am speaking of, this page
has a ton of information:

http://www.indexcom.com/iphone/hfsabasics.html

-greg.

Greg Ogonowski

VP Product Development

orban

Diamond Bar, CA USA

http://www.orban.com <http://www.orban.com/>

First to bring HE-AAC audio streaming to the Internet

MORE Audio - LESS Annoyance