[BC] Digital Storage

Kevin Raper kj4hyd at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 21:43:29 CST 2010

On Nov 29, 2010, at 9:25 PM, Powell E. Way III wrote:

> One thing I forgot, is that the "solid state" type USB drives have a very
> limited read / write over capability compared to hard drives with platters.

HP rates USB Jump Drives for 10,000 Write - Erase cycles. At WCKI we do 100% of our Production on them and have never had a failure due to wearing them out. We use 4GB drives so when one gets full, we back it up to a DVD, clean it off, and go at it again.

All Audio is produced and played on the air as uncompressed .WAV files.

73,
Kevin Raper
KJ4HYD
CE WCKI WQIZ