[BC] CEC 802A switches- Assistance

Mike McCarthy towers at mre.com
Mon Nov 29 21:26:24 CST 2010

 Before I go reinventing the wheel or rediscover something already trailblazed, has anyone located the correct source/manufacturer of the front panel interlocked/push-button switches as an assembly or parts which can be order al-a-carte?  As it was explained to me today, the whole PCB was a farmed out assembly and the supplier didn't provide OEM parts data.

Now I believe the Schadow switches should fit in place of the old switch individually.  BUT, the caps appear to be smaller than the Schadow versions and the spacing is a bit of wild card.

Switchcraft corporate is local to me and I might pay them a visit tomorrow to see if they can come up with a replacement.  If they do/can, I'll advise and see if there is any interest to a mass buy and for CEC to look into buying some for replacement queries.

Needless to say, my 802A's switch bank has suffered a systemic mechanical failure on top of the long simmering electrical problems. The exciter is now inoperative...and I need it later this week.

If worse comes to worse, I can swap in spare Schadows which I know will work for the mute, modulation, and RF FWD. But I'd prefer to find a more comprehensive solution to restore full operation.

MM