[BC] sports audio feed

Broadcast List USER Broadcast at fetrow.org
Sun Nov 28 23:55:44 CST 2010

On Nov 28, 2010, at 4:03 PM, broadcast-request at radiolists.net wrote:

>From: Tom Spencer <Radiofreetom at gmail.com>
>
>108" whips are usually fender or bumper-mounted, BTW - anyone who
>would put one on the roof of a VAN ought to have their head
>examined; it's not practical; definitely subject to damage from the
>sources cited.  My thought was to use the omnis to establish basic
>communications, and then aim the studio's beam in the correct
>direction to receive the wider-bandwidth RPU signal.

First of all, NO antennas are bumper mounted today.  Today's cars
don't have that kind of pumpers!

Even mounted on the top of a van, while the antenna would be high, we
make allowances in order to get the job done.  The antenna may have to
have it's top coupled back to another point on the van, just like on
the "Andy Griffith Show."

PLUS, Diamond and other companies make mounts that will remotely and
electrically fold down the whip.  Why not?

Why is this even an issue?  For other RPU installations, we are
willing to have pneumatic masts.  Why do we dismiss HF {HIGH HF,
nearly VHF} antennas?

It all makes no sense.

--chip